At the UF Health Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration, the patient is the sun and our clinical team revolves around the patient.
A major goal for our website has always been to provide useful information to patients with movement disorders, even if those patients aren’t our own. In 2016, we continued that tradition with educational blog posts. These are our 6 most-viewed posts written in 2016.
- WebMD article with advice for worsening Parkinson disease – Dr. Okun collaborated with WebMD and the Davis Phinney Foundation to put together these tips.
- 6 Tips to Make Your Tremor Less Noticeable – Dr. Hess says #1 is to take your medications on time.
- Promoting the Care of Caregivers: Suggestions for the caregivers of those with Parkinson’s Disease – Emma Heaton, one of our amazing occupational therapists, gives several tips on how to help caregivers.
- The Vestibular System’s Effect on Falls in Parkinson’s Disease – PD is not directly affecting your vestibular system but vestibular dysfunction can often be overlooked in patients with PD.
- 2016 Annual Parkinson’s Disease Symposium details – You can watch all of the talks from the 2016 PD Symposium on our Youtube channel.
- Remembering Muhammad Ali and his impact on Parkinson care and research – Dr. Okun was interviewed several times and he was able to speak both as a Parkinson disease expert and as someone who knew Muhammad Ali and his family.
We wish you a great 2017 and look forward to seeing many of you here in clinic.